- MAPP provides economic expertise to Lafarge in the context of the merger with Holcim
- State aids in the energy sector
- The economic analysis of long-term contracts
- David Spector speaks on foreclosure and exclusionary strategies at the ICN annual conference in Marrakesh
- Anne Perrot and Assimakis Komninos comment on the proposed reform of Mexican competition law
- Anne Perrot speaks on merger control in times of crisis
GE/Alstom merger: MAPP takes part in the analysis of bidding data and in the assessment of the competitive impact
On 8 September 2015, after a long process that included pre-notification discussions and an in-depth (Phase II) investigation, the European Commission cleared GE's acquisition of Alstom's power generation and transmission assets, subject to conditions.
MAPP took part in the assessment of the competitive impact of the transaction on behalf of Alstom. MAPP's work included detailed analyses of bidding data, which were discussed in numerous meetings with the team of the Chief Competition Economist.
The Commission's press release can be found at: