- Anne Perrot speaks on competition between airports
- David Spector and Laurent Eymard speak on the revision of the environmental and energy aid guidelines
- The French Competition Authority approves the acquisition of Monoprix by Casino
- David Spector speaks on the economic approach to State aids - with a focus on infrastructure financing
- David Spector speaks on exclusive dealing at the annual ICN conference in Warsaw
- Anne Perrot speaks on competition in two-sided markets
David Spector and Laurent Eymard speak on the revision of the environmental and energy aid guidelines
On 3 December 2013, David Spector took part in a workshop on the revision of the environmental and energy aid guidelines, together with Laurent Eymard, an associate based at our Brussels office. The other speakers were Jacques Derenne (HoganLovells) and Christoph Schoser (DG COMP).
David Spector stressed the need for consistency between the implementation of state aid control in the energy sector and other public policies, such as the various emissions reduction schemes or the mechanisms aiming to foster investment in peak electricity generation capacity. Laurent Eymard addressed the difficulties raised by the type of counterfactual analysis advocated by the Commission in the case of aid to projects involving new technologies.