- Anne Perrot speaks on competition between airports
- David Spector and Laurent Eymard speak on the revision of the environmental and energy aid guidelines
- The French Competition Authority approves the acquisition of Monoprix by Casino
- David Spector speaks on the economic approach to State aids - with a focus on infrastructure financing
- David Spector speaks on exclusive dealing at the annual ICN conference in Warsaw
- Anne Perrot speaks on competition in two-sided markets
The French Competition Authority approves the acquisition of Monoprix by Casino
On 10 July 2013, the French Competition Authority authorized Groupe Casino to take exclusive control of Groupe Monoprix, conditional on the divestiture of 58 stores.
In the course of the proceedings before the Authority, MAPP submitted several economic studies on behalf of Casino. In particular, we conducted an econometric analysis of demand, which allowed us to estimate diversion ratios and to assess the scope for non-coordinated effects.
The authorization decision includes a detailed discussion of the economic arguments raised by Casino. It can be found at the following address: