- MAPP joins KPMG
- FNAC / Darty : MAPP contributes to the analysis of unilateral effects
- GE/Alstom merger: MAPP takes part in the analysis of bidding data and in the assessment of the competitive impact
- The acquisition by Michelin of a minority stake in Allopneus: MAPP assesses the competitive impact of the transaction
- The impact of plain tobacco packaging on tax revenues in France
- Anne Perrot appointed chair of the commission in charge of assessing the likely effect of the "Macron act"
MAPP provides economic expertise to Lafarge in the context of the merger with Holcim
On 15 December 2014, the European Commission approved the acquisition of Lafarge by Holcim.
MAPP worked as an economic consultant to Lafarge from the pre-notification to the final discussions on remedies, under the aegis of the Cleary Gottlieb law firm, in close co-operation with the lawyers and economists retained by Holcim.
In particular, MAPP conducted detailed analyses of the functioning of local competition in the catchment areas that were the focus of the Commission's concerns, using techniques pioneered in earlier merger cases (see Antoine Chapsal and Laurent Eymard's paper on spatial competition).
MAPP also provided assistance for the proceedings in jurisdictions outside of the European Union, such as Morocco, Serbia and Brazil.
The Commission press release can be found at http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-2683_en.htm