- MAPP provides economic expertise to Lafarge in the context of the merger with Holcim
- State aids in the energy sector
- The economic analysis of long-term contracts
- David Spector speaks on foreclosure and exclusionary strategies at the ICN annual conference in Marrakesh
- Anne Perrot and Assimakis Komninos comment on the proposed reform of Mexican competition law
- Anne Perrot speaks on merger control in times of crisis
MAPP provides economic expertise to Lafarge in the context of the merger with Holcim
On 15 December 2014, the European Commission approved the acquisition of Lafarge by Holcim.
MAPP worked as an economic consultant to Lafarge from the pre-notification to the final discussions on remedies, under the aegis of the Cleary Gottlieb law firm, in close co-operation with the lawyers and economists retained by Holcim.
In particular, MAPP conducted detailed analyses of the functioning of local competition in the catchment areas that were the focus of the Commission's concerns, using techniques pioneered in earlier merger cases (see Antoine Chapsal and Laurent Eymard's paper on spatial competition).
MAPP also provided assistance for the proceedings in jurisdictions outside of the European Union, such as Morocco, Serbia and Brazil.
The Commission press release can be found at http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-14-2683_en.htm