- The European Commission's Approach to Long-Term Contracts: an Economist's View
- Anne Perrot and Assimakis Komnikos on the proposed reform of Mexican competition law
- What can be learnt from econometric studies in cartel cases?
- Remarks on the calculation of local market shares
- Merger control and minority shareholdings
- The economic analysis of State aids
Remarks on the calculation of local market shares
In this article, Antoine Chapsal and Laurent Eymard challenge the method usually applied to compute local market shares, namely, the exclusive focus on rigidly defined catchment areas. They propose two alternative methods, which better account for the spatial dimension of competition without requiring additional data.